Language is constantly evolving and while some words have a relatively short shelf life, others seem here to stay—at least so says Merriam-Webster. Here are 10 words were are now officially grammatically correct. We're for realz excited.
1. Marg: Short for margarita. As in: TGIF. I could really go for a marg right now.
2. Guac: You're obviously going to need some guac and chips to go with those margs...
3. Mocktail: Forget meatless Mondays. Think mocktail Mondays. For when you want something celebratory, but without the alcohol.
4. Zuke: Also known as zucchini. Plural: zukes.
5. Zoodle: What do you get when you turn your zukes into noodles? Yup, zoodles.
6. Avo: Go ahead and #justaddavo.
7. Gochujang: Sriracha is so last year. The new condiment you need to know about is this Korean chili paste.
8. Hophead: Your friend who's totally into beer? He's a total hophead.
9. Mise en place: This is a culinary word for prepping and organizing your ingredients. It's French (and fancy).
10. Hangry: When you're too busy to eat lunch and you're so hungry you're angry.