Holiday Dinner Menu with Olive-Caper Salmon, Mushroom Soup, and Celery Root Mash
This salmon-tastic supper comes together in just two hours!
To make sure your menu hits the 2-hour mark, prepare the recipes in the order listed.
- 2 Hours Ahead: Assemble the tart and get it into the oven.
- 1 Hours, 30 Minutes Ahead: Start the soup. Make the frico.
- 1 Hour Ahead: Make the celery root mash. Simmer the green beans.
- 30 Minutes Ahead: Get the salmon in the oven. Make the sauce.
- 15 Minutes Ahead: Finish the green beans.
- 5 Minutes Ahead: Reheat the soup and the mash.
Get the recipes:
Salmon with Green Olive-Caper Sauce
Mushroom Soup with Microwave Frico
This speedy version of frico (cheese crisps from northern Italy) uses the microwave. In just a few minutes, you can transform a pile of cheese into a crunchy garnish for our creamy soup.
Sautéed Green Beans with Red Onion
If the green beans aren't just out of the skillet come dinnertime, don't fret. This is the kind of side that's great warm or at room temperature.
Celery Root Mash
Try our Celery Root Mash
Frangipane Pear Tart with Cherry Jam Glaze
Get the frozen stuff. It makes everyone look like a pastry chef, and, with just a little effort, you can pull off a showstopper like this pear tart. Try for all-butter if you can find it.