- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 12 ounce can tuna, drained
- 4 scallions, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cucumber--peeled, seeded and sliced crosswise
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/2 pound zucchini, coarsely grated
- 1 cup Basic Batter
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
In a bowl, combine the tuna, scallions, cucumber, olives, olive oil and mayonnaise. In another bowl, combine the zucchini with the batter.
Fill a large skillet with enough vegetable oil to reach a depth of 1 inch and heat over medium-high until it registers 350 degrees on a deep-fry thermometer. Drop 1/4 cupfuls of the zucchini mixture in the oil and fry until golden, about 3 minutes; drain. Top with the tuna salad and serve with the lemon wedges.