Recipe by Lauren Schaefer
Start to Finish: 25 Minutes
- 2 tbsp. olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 tbsp. za’atar
- 2 rotisserie chicken breasts, with skin
- 7 oz. feta in brine, drained, plus 1 tbsp. brine
- 1 tsp. lemon zest, plus 1 tbsp. juice (from 1 lemon)
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 2 large heirloom tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 8 oz. small cucumbers (about 4), cut into bite-size pieces
- Small fresh mint leaves, for garnish
- Crumbled pita chips, for garnish (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 325°. In a small bowl, stir 2 tbsp. oil and the za’atar. Place the chicken on a baking sheet and brush with the za’atar oil. Bake until the chicken is warmed through and the za’atar is fragrant, 5 to 7 minutes. Slice the chicken.
2. In a food processor, puree the feta and brine, lemon zest and juice, and garlic until smooth, about 3 minutes. Season the whipped feta with salt and pepper.
3. Using the back of a large spoon, spread the whipped feta on plates. Top with the chicken, tomatoes, and cucumbers. Drizzle the salad with oil; season. Garnish with mint. Top with pita chips (if using).