- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 pounds ground turkey breast
- 4 scallions, white parts only, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Grated peel and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 ripe bartlett pear, cut lengthwise into 8 slices
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 cups shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons hot pepper jelly or jalapeno jelly
- 4 extra-large English muffins, split and toasted
In a medium bowl, combine the turkey, scallions, mustard, lemon peel and thyme; season with salt and pepper. Shape into four 3/4-inch-thick patties.
In a small nonstick skillet, add the pear slices, wine, lemon juice and enough water to just cover the pear. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer until the pear is softened, about 10 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the pear slices to a plate.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat the EVOO, 1 turn of the pan, over medium heat. Add the turkey patties and cook, turning once, for 12 minutes. Top with the cheese and pear slices, tent the pan with foil and cook until the cheese is melted, 2 minutes.
Spread 1 tablespoon hot pepper jelly on each English muffin bottom; top with a patty and an English muffin top.