- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 large firm-ripe Bosc pears, cored and quartered (skin on)
- 2 cups green seedless grapes
- 1 cup Riesling
- 1/4 cup clover honey
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 cup crème fraîche
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- Turbinado sugar, for sprinkling (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 400°. In a baking dish large enough to hold the pears comfortably, arrange the pear quarters, cut side down, and scatter the grapes around them. In a bowl, combine the wine, honey, apricot preserves, vanilla and thyme, and pour over the pears.
2. Transfer the dish to the oven and roast the fruit until tender, about 40 minutes, basting several times. Remove the thyme sprigs and spoon the pears and grapes into serving dishes.
3. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whip the crème fraîche and granulated sugar until firm peaks form. Serve the pears and grapes topped with the whipped crème fraîche and sprinkled with turbinado sugar.