- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut on an angle into 2-inch pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 1 head radicchio, quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 pound endive (about 3 heads), halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 tablespoon chopped pepperoncini
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
In a medium nonstick skillet, heat 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil over medium heat. Add the pine nuts and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 5 minutes; transfer to a plate.
In the same skillet, heat 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the asparagus and cook until bright green and crisp-tender, about 2 minutes; season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a large bowl and toss with the radicchio, endive and pepperoncini.
In the same skillet, heat the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Cook until slightly reduced, about 2 minutes. Pour over the salad, add the pine nuts and parsley and toss to coat.