- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 bag (1 lb.) frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and squeezed dry
- Freshly grated or ground nutmeg, to taste
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup fresh ricotta (cow's or sheep's milk)
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) grated Parmigiano-Reggiano (a couple of small handfuls)
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded fresh mozzarella
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a 10-inch ovenproof nonstick skillet, heat the oil, three turns of the pan, over medium-high. Add the garlic and swirl the pan until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the drained spinach, separating with your fingers; season with salt and pepper and nutmeg. In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, ricotta and Parm to blend well. Pour into the skillet and cook until the edges are set, about 2 minutes. Transfer to the oven and bake until the top is set, about 12 minutes. Top with the mozzarella and bake until browned and bubbly, 5 to 7 minutes.