- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 ribs celery, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 15 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup ditalini pasta
- 4 cups cooked vegetables, such as corn kernels, green beans (cut into 2-inch pieces), carrots or butternut squash (cut into small cubes)
- 1 15 ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed
- Salt and pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
In a 4-qt. saucepan or small Dutch oven, cook the bacon over medium heat, stirring, until crisp, 6 to 7 minutes. Add the onion, celery, garlic and basil; cook until the veggies are tender, 10 minutes.
Stir in the tomatoes and tomato paste; cook, stirring often, 2 minutes. increase the heat to medium-high, add the broth and bring to a boil. immediately reduce the heat to medium-low; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
Add the pasta, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until al dente, 10 minutes. Stir in the cooked vegetables and beans and cook until heated through, 2 minutes. Season and serve with the Parmesan.