- 1 1/2 pounds small white or yukon gold potatoes, halved
- Salt and pepper
- 1 yellow onion, 1/2 grated and 1/2 chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, grated or finely chopped and pasted
- About 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- Splash white balsamic or white wine vinegar
- 1 15 ounce can white beans, such as cannellini, rinsed
- 2 5 - 6 ounce cans italian tuna in olive oil, drained and flaked
- 2 - 3 small ribs celery from the heart, plus leafy tops, finely chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves (a few generous handfuls), chopped
- Crusty bread, for serving
Place the potatoes in a medium pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil, salt the water and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the grated onion, garlic, EVOO, lemon juice, anchovy paste and vinegar. Drain the potatoes and add immediately to the dressing, turning to coat. Add the white beans, tuna, chopped onion, celery, tomato and parsley; season with pepper. Toss to combine. Serve with the bread.