Recipe by Rachael Ray
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/3 lb. meaty smoked pancetta or bacon, chopped (optional)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced or chopped
- 2 tbsp. fresh rosemary (a couple of sprigs), leaves stripped and chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 can (about 15 oz.) cannellini beans, drained
- 1 bunch dinosaur (Lacinato) kale, center stems cut off and leaves cut into 1/2-inch-thick ribbons
- Freshly ground nutmeg, to taste
- 1 lemon, juiced (about 1/4 cup)
1. In a large skillet, heat the oil, three turns of the pan, over medium to medium-high. Add the pancetta, if using, and cook, stirring often, until the fat begins to render and the pancetta is lightly crispy, about 3 minutes.
2. Add the onion, garlic, and rosemary; season with salt and pepper. Cook until the onion softens, about 5 minutes. Add the beans and cook, stirring often, until heated through, about 1 minute. Add the kale leaves and nutmeg. Stir until the kale wilts, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the lemon juice; season the salad.