- 12 - 16 slices prosciutto di Parma
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 pound cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 pound hen of the woods mushrooms (maitake), torn into strips
- 2 large shallots, halved and thinly sliced lengthwise
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey or light agave syrup
- 1 pound fresh spinach, stemmed and coarsely chopped
- Freshly grated or ground nutmeg, to taste
- About 1 cup blue cheese crumbles or smoked blue cheese crumbles
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees . On a baking sheet, arrange the prosciutto in a single layer. Bake until crispy, 15 to 18 minutes.
In a large skillet, heat 1 1/2 tbsp. olive oil, a fat turn of the pan, over medium-high. Add all the mushrooms and cook, stirring often, until browned, 6 to 7 minutes. Add the shallots; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until the shallots soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the vinegar, honey and the remaining 1 1/2 tbsp. olive oil; swirl to combine. Add the spinach; toss just to wilt a bit. Add the nutmeg; season.
Divide the spinach mixture among plates. Top each with the cheese and prosciutto, broken into pieces.