- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 large fennel bulbs--quartered lengthwise, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 cups dried cranberries
- 2 cups pecan pieces, toasted
- 1 bunch fresh parsley leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 small red onion, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 4 pieces sweet italian sausage (about 12 ounces)
In a large bowl, combine the fennel, cranberries, pecans, parsley and onion.
In a small bowl, combine the vinegar and mustard. Whisk in 1/4 cup olive oil; season with salt.
In a medium skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add the sausage and cook until well-browned and cooked through, about 20 minutes. Let cool slightly and cut into 1/2-inch rounds. Add the warm sausage and the vinaigrette to the salad and toss to coat; season with salt and pepper.