- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 pound whole wheat penne pasta
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 ribs celery, chopped
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 nectarines, 3 coarsely chopped and 1 sliced
- 1 bunch chives, cut into 1/2-inch lengths
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped salted, roasted pecans
In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta until al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, cumin and 1/4 cup water. Add the pasta nd toss to coat; let sit for 10 minutes. Stir in the celery, bacon, chopped nectarines, half of the chives and half of the pecans.
To serve, top the pasta with the remaining chives, pecans and the sliced nectarine.