- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 tablespoon EVOO, plus more for drizzling
- 1/2 pound new potatoes, quartered (or halved, if small)
- 1 red onion, diced
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 pound green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 12 ounces baby spinach
- 3/4 loaf ciabatta, sliced into 8 pieces
- 1/3 cup finely grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup refrigerated pesto
In a large pot, heat 1 tbsp. EVOO over medium. Add the potatoes and onion and cook, stirring, until softened, 6 minutes; season with salt and pepper. Add the stock and simmer 5 minutes. Add the green beans and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 5 minutes more. Off heat, stir in the spinach to wilt.
Meanwhile, preheat the broiler. Place the sliced ciabatta on a baking sheet. Drizzle with EVOO and sprinkle with the Parmesan; season. Broil until golden, about 3 minutes.
Divide the soup among bowls; top each with 1 tbsp. pesto and drizzle with EVOO. Serve with the Parmesan toasts.