Recipe by Renae E. Wilson
This recipe originally appeared in our Winter/Spring 2021 issue. Get the magazine here.
Start to Finish: 15 minutes
- 3 tbsp. sour cream
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 rotisserie chicken, meat pulled from bones (3 to 4 cups)
- 1 jar (14 to 16 oz.) salsa verde
- 1 bag (15 oz.) tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack or pepper Jack
- 1/4 cup Cotija cheese
- 1 avocado—pitted, peeled, and chopped
- Cilantro, sliced scallions, and/or sliced fresh jalapeños, for garnish
In small bowl, whisk sour cream and lime juice; season. In medium bowl, toss chicken with salsa. On baking sheet, layer chips, chicken, and Monterey Jack. Broil until cheese melts, 2 to 3 minutes. Top with Cotija and avocado. Drizzle with sour cream mixture; garnish.
Tip: If you can’t find Cotija cheese at the supermarket, mild feta cheese is a fine substitute!