- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1/4 cup (packed) light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 5 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 6 ounces flat rice noodles (sometimes labeled pad Thai noodles)
- 6 ounces snow peas, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 14 ounce container extra-firm tofu, drained and diced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup unsalted peanuts, chopped
In a small bowl, whisk the brown sugar, vinegar, fish sauce and lime juice.
Cook the noodles according to the package directions, adding the snow peas during the last minute of cooking; drain.
Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tbsp. of the oil over medium-high until it shimmers. Add the tofu and cook, turning occasionally, until golden-brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer the tofu to a plate.
Add the beaten eggs to the skillet and cook, stirring gently, until set, about 45 seconds. Transfer the eggs to the plate with the tofu.
In the same skillet, heat the remaining 1 tbsp. oil over high. Add the noodles and peas and cook, stirring, 30 seconds. Add the vinegar mixture and cook, stirring, 30 seconds. Add the tofu and eggs and cook until heated through, about 30 seconds. Divide among plates and top with the peanuts.