- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more if needed
- 1 chopped onion
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- 2-3 tbsp. chili powder
- A pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1 chopped peeled large carrot
- 1-2 cups vegetable stock
- 1-2 cans (14 to 15 oz. each) diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1-3 cans (14 to 15.5 oz. each) cannellini beans
- 1-3 cans (14 to 15.5 oz. each) chickpeas
- 1-3 cans (14 to 15.5 oz. each) lentils
In a large Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium-high. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring often, until vegetables soften, about 5 minutes.
Toss in chili powder and ground cinnamon and stir until aromatic, about 2 minutes.
Add carrots; season. Cook, stirring often, adding a teaspoon or two of oil if they start sticking, until softened, about 5 minutes.
Pour in vegetable stock. Add diced fire-roasted tomatoes. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium. Cook, stirring often, until slightly reduced, about 15 minutes.
Rinse 1 to 3 cans of cannellini beans, chickpeas, and lentils. Cook, stirring often, until flavors meld, about 15 minutes.