- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 6 inches long lasagna noodles
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 zucchini, quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 pint cottage cheese, drained in a strainer
- 1 16 ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained and 1/3 cup finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped basil leaves, plus 8 leaves, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tomato, chopped
In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the noodles, stirring often, until al dente. Drain and rinse under cold water.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the zucchini and cook, stirring, until golden, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl to cool.
Using a food processor, puree the drained cheese until smooth; add to the zucchini along with the chopped roasted peppers and chopped basil. Season with salt and pepper. Rinse the food processor bowl.
Lay the noodles flat on a work surface. Place an equal amount of the zucchini mixture at the end of each noodle, then roll up. Divide the rolls among 4 dinner plates.
Using the food processor, puree the remaining roasted peppers with the tomato until smooth. Season with salt and pepper and pour over the rolls. Top with the sliced basil.