- Prep Time
- 5 ounces ground lamb
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons hot paprika
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons EVOO
- 1 lemon, finely zested and cut into 4 wedges
- 1 pound store-bought pizza dough, shaped into 4 disks
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
1. In a medium bowl, combine the lamb, one-third of the onion, 1 tsp. each paprika and salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper. Form the mixture into a patty.
2. Preheat a grill to medium. In a small bowl, combine the EVOO, lemon zest and the remaining 1 tsp. paprika. Drizzle the seasoned oil on a baking sheet; turn the dough disks in the oil. Press each disk into a 6-inch round.
3. Place the lamb patty on the grill and cook, turning once, for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, place the dough on the grill, cover and cook until it bubbles on top and grill marks appear underneath, about 3 minutes. Flip the crusts and, working quickly, top with the tomato slices and remaining onion. Cover and cook until baked through, about 3 minutes.
4. Finely chop the grilled lamb and sprinkle on the pizzas; top with the parsley. Serve with the lemon wedges.