- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 pounds beef chuck cubes
- 1 cup canned chopped tomatoes with their juice
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 pound wide egg noodles
- 1/4 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
In a large saucepan, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat, add half of the beef and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer with a slotted spoon to a plate. Repeat with another tablespoon butter and the remaining beef. Set aside.
Stir the tomatoes and beef broth into the saucepan, reduce the heat to low and stir, scraping up any browned bits. Add the reserved beef, the vinegar, cinnamon, cloves and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; bring to a simmer over low heat. Cover and cook until the meat is fork-tender, about 1 hour.
About 10 minutes before the stew is ready, cook the egg noodles according to the package directions. Toss with the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons butter and season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir the parsley into the stew and serve with the noodles.