- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pound ground turkey (93 percent lean)
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 cup salsa verde
- 2 boxes (10 oz.) spring salad mix
- 1 small bag (3 oz.) tortilla chips
- 1/2 large avocado--pitted, peeled and sliced
In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 1/2 tsp. olive oil over medium. Add the sliced onion, turkey and cumin; season with salt. Increase the heat to medium-high and cook, breaking up the turkey with a spoon and stirring often, until the turkey is cooked through and the onion begins to caramelize, 7 to 8 minutes. Add 1/4 cup salsa; cook, stirring often, until the salsa is absorbed, about 1 minute. Remove the turkey mixture from the heat.
In a large bowl, whisk the remaining 1/2 cup salsa and 1 tbsp. olive oil. Toss with the greens and tortilla chips. Transfer the salad to a platter or divide among 4 bowls. Top with the warm turkey mixture and avocado slices.