- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1/2 kaiser roll, finely ground (about 1/2 cup breadcrumbs)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and pepper
- 1 onion, grated, plus 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch Swiss chard--tough ends trimmed, stems chopped and leaves torn into 1-inch pieces
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees . In a small bowl, soak the breadcrumbs in the milk for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the egg and 2 tablespoons ketchup; crumble in the turkey and stir in the parsley, 2 teaspoons salt and 1 teaspoon pepper. Mix in the grated onion and soaked breadcrumbs. Spread evenly in a greased 9-inch pie plate and brush with the remaining 6 tablespoons ketchup. Place on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until cooked through, about 45 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and cook until softened, about 6 minutes. Add the Swiss chard stems and cook until tender, about 4 minutes. Add the chard leaves and cook until just wilted, about 2 minutes; season with salt and pepper. Serve with the meatloaf.