- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 cup feta or goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup plain whole milk yogurt, preferably Greek
- Grated peel and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 large tomato, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 4 pitas or other flatbread, warmed
In a medium skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and curry powder and cook, stirring, until the onion is softened, about 5 minutes. Add the turkey and cook, breaking up the meat with a spoon, until browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in the cheese until blended. Remove from the heat and stir in the yogurt, lemon peel and lemon juice; set aside.
In a small bowl, mix the tomato, parsley and remaining 1/4 cup olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
Place a warm pita on each plate, top with the turkey curry and tomato salad and fold over.