Recipe by Rachael Ray
- 1 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup mixed finely chopped dill, chives and parsley
- 1/2 lemon, juiced (about 2 tbsp.)
- 2 tbsp. superfine sugar
- 2 tbsp. white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 2 lbs. ground turkey
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce (I like Lea & Perrins)
- 1 rounded tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. canola or olive oil
- 2 small, firm heads iceberg lettuce
- Sliced dill or bread-and butter pickles
- 4 slices beefsteak tomato
- 4 thin slices white onion
1. In a small bowl, whisk the sour cream, buttermilk, herbs, lemon juice, sugar and vinegar. Season the ranch dressing with salt and pepper.
2. In a medium bowl, add the turkey, scallions, Worcestershire and mustard; season and mix to combine. Form into 4 large, thin patties (thinner in the centers for even cooking).
3. Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium high. Add the oil, one turn of the pan. Add the patties and cook 8 to 10 minutes, turning occasionally.
4. Cut each lettuce head in half along either side of the core, for 4 cheeks. Place 1 iceberg cheek, cut side up, on each dinner plate. Top with the burgers, pickles, tomato and onion. Pour the dressing on top.