- 8 slices bacon
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup cranberry sauce (homemade or store-bought)
- 8 slices good-quality white bread
- 12 thin slices roasted or smoked turkey breast
- 8 thin slices Emmentaler Swiss Cheese
- 12 bread-and-butter pickle slices
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees . Arrange the bacon on a broiler pan and bake until crisp, 12 to 14 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, mustard and salt and pepper to blend.
In a small pan, melt the butter over low heat. Preheat a nonstick griddle pan over medium.
Divide the cranberry sauce among 4 bread slices. Top with the turkey, bacon, cheese, pickles and remaining bread slices. Coat the sandwiches in the egg mixture. Brush the griddle generously with the melted butter and cook the sandwiches until golden and warmed through, adding more butter as needed, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer the sandwiches to a plate and loosely tent with foil until the cheese melts.