Recipe by Rachael Ray
1/2 cup aquafaba mayonnaise (I like Sir Kensington’s) or regular mayonnaise
2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
1 tbsp. soy sauce, shoyu, or tamari
1 tbsp. sriracha
1 tsp. fresh lime juice
1 tsp. ground ginger
1 clove garlic, grated or pasted
Green Beans & Crispy Tuna
1 lb. trimmed green beans or haricots verts (small green beans)
1 cup plain breadcrumbs
1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
3 tbsp. white or black sesame seeds
1 tsp. chili powder or crushed red pepper
1 tsp. granulated garlic
1 tsp. granulated onion
1 tsp. ground ginger
4 sushi-grade tuna steaks (each 6 to 8 oz. and about 1 1/4 inches thick)
About 1/4 cup plus 3 tbsp. safflower, peanut, or canola oil
6 scallions, cut on an angle into 2-inch pieces
3 tbsp. soy sauce, shoyu, or tamari
2 tbsp. mirin or rice wine vinegar
2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
Finely chopped chives, for garnish
1. In a small bowl, whisk all the ingredients for the sauce.
2. For the green beans, in a large deep skillet, bring a few inches of water to a boil. Prepare a large bowl of ice water. Salt the boiling water and add the green beans. Cook until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Drain the green beans and add to the ice water. Let cool, then drain well.
3. Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium to medium-high.
4. In a shallow dish, mix the plain breadcrumbs, panko, sesame seeds, chili powder, granulated garlic, granulated onion, and ground ginger.
5. Season both sides of the tuna with salt. Coat the tuna with the breadcrumbs, pressing firmly so the crumbs adhere.
6. Add enough safflower oil to the skillet to coat the bottom (about 1/4 cup). When the oil begins to ripple, add the tuna. Cook until deep golden, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a wire rack.
7. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, heat the remaining 3 tbsp. safflower oil, three turns of the pan, over high. When the oil begins to smoke, add the green beans and scallions. Stir-fry until the green beans blister, about 3 minutes. Add the soy sauce, mirin, and sesame oil; season with salt and pepper.
8. Serve the crispy tuna on top of the sauce. Or top the tuna with the sauce. Garnish with chives. Serve with the green beans.