- 1 1/2 pounds small (1 inch) potatoes, quartered
- 1 12 ounce package haricot verts (thin green beans)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1/2- 3/4 cup pitted nicoise olives
- 8 shallots-peeled, leaving root end attached, cut lengthwise into thin wedges
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- A few sprigs each fresh thyme and rosemary, leaves stripped and chopped
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp. EVOO
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 4 tuna steaks (6 oz. each), preferably sustainable and line-caught
- 1 teaspoon herbes de Provence
- 2 lemons, halved
Position a rack in the top third of the oven and preheat to 475 degrees .
On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss the potatoes, haricot verts, tomatoes, olives, shallots, garlic, thyme and rosemary with 1/4 cup EVOO. Season with sea salt and pepper; spread evenly on baking sheet. Roast, stirring once, until the potatoes are tender, about 25 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat a grill or griddle pan over medium-high. Season the tuna with herbes de Provence, sea salt and pepper. Drizzle the pan with the remaining 1 tbsp. EVOO. Add the lemons, cut side down, and cook until browned, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Add the tuna and cook to desired doneness, about 2 minutes per side for pink centers and 3 minutes per side for opaque centers. Serve tuna with the vegetables and lemons.