- Prep Time
- 1 6 ounce can tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 3/4 cup cannellini beans, rinsed
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 rib celery, thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- 3 ounces swiss cheese, shredded (about 3/4 cup)
- 4 slices sprouted whole grain bread
Preheat a grill to medium. In a medium bowl, toss together the tuna, beans, tomatoes, celery, scallions, 1 tablespoon olive oil and the lemon juice; season with salt and pepper. Add half of the cheese.
Brush the bread slices on both sides with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add to the grill, cover and cook until marked, about 2 minutes. Flip and move to indirect heat. Mound the tuna salad on top and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Cover and cook until the cheese is melted and the bread is toasted underneath, about 3 minutes.