- Prep Time
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 6 ounces red and yellow grape or cherry tomatoes, halved (1 cup)
- 1/3 cup pitted black and green olives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound unsalted bocconcini (or bite-sized mozzarella), quartered (1-1/2 cups)
On a large plate, toss the onion with the vinegar and a pinch of salt. Spread in a single layer and let sit for 20 minutes to pickle.
In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, olives, 1 tablespoon basil and 2 teaspoons olive oil; season lightly with salt and pepper. In a separate bowl, combine the bocconcini, remaining 1 tablespoon basil, remaining 2 teaspoons oil and a pinch of salt.
Fill 4 martini glasses with the tomato salad, bocconcini and onions.