Recipe by Rachael Ray
- 2 tbsp. (about 2 scant palmfuls) chopped dehydrated onion
- 1 tbsp. (about a palmful) toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tsp. (about 2/3 palmful) poppy seeds
- 1 tsp. (about 1/3 palmful) granulated garlic
- Coarse salt, to taste
Toasted Bagels & Toppings
- 4 pumpernickel bagels, halved, some of the bready insides scooped out
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 radishes, coarsely grated or cut into matchsticks
- 3 scallions, white and light-green parts only, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp. fresh dill, chopped
- 1 lb. thinly sliced lox
- 4 slices beefsteak tomato
- 4 slices red onion
- Pepper, to taste
1. For the seasoning, in a small bowl, mix all the ingredients.
2. Preheat the broiler. Place the bagels on a rimmed baking sheet and broil until toasted, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
3. In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese, radishes, scallions, dill and half the seasoning.
4. Slather the bagels with the cream cheese mixture. Form bagel sandwiches with the lox, tomato, red onion, a sprinkle of pepper and the remaining seasoning.