- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 tilapia fillets (5 oz. each)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups thinly sliced onion
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 1/2 tablespoons drained capers
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
Season the fish with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tbsp. oil over medium-high. Add the fish; cook until golden but not cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate; sprinkle with the lemon juice.
In the same skillet, heat the remaining 2 tbsp. oil over medium-high. Add the onion and bell pepper. Cook, stirring often, until the vegetables soften, about 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes and the juices from the can, the capers, garlic and oregano; bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the flavors meld, about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, cook the rice according to package directions.
Nestle the fish in the red-pepper sauce. Cover and cook until the fish flakes easily, about 3 minutes. Serve over the rice.