- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 4 four-oz tilapia fillets
- 1/3 cup canola mayonnaise
- 1 small chipotle chile in adobo sauce, seeded and finely chopped, plus 1 tsp. sauce
- 1 soft baguette (10 oz.), cut into 4 pieces, each piece split
- 4 leaves red-leaf lettuce
- 4 ears corn, shucked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 slices tomato (from 2 large tomatoes)
In a shallow bowl, beat the egg. Spread the breadcrumbs on a large plate. Season the fish with salt and pepper. Working with 1 fillet at a time, dip in the egg, then breadcrumbs, pressing to adhere.
In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, chipotle and adobo sauce; season. Spread the cut sides of the baguette pieces with the chipotle mayonnaise. Top the bottom halves of the baguette with 1 lettuce leaf.
Heat a large grill pan over medium. Add the corn; cook, turning often, until browned in spots, about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tbsp. oil over medium. Add 2 tilapia fillets and cook until browned on the outside and opaque in the centers, about 4 minutes per side. Repeat with the remaining 1 tbsp. oil and 2 fillets. Place 1 tilapia fillet on each baguette bottom; top with 2 slices tomato and the baguette top. Serve with the corn.