Recipe by Rachael Ray
This recipe originally appeared in our Holiday 2020 issue. Get the magazine here.
- 1 pat butter
- 2 large eggs
- A squirt of yellow mustard
- Salt and pepper
- 1 slice cooked ham or 2 thin deli slices of pork tenderloin
- A handful (about 1/3 cup) shredded Swiss cheese
- 4 to 5 dill pickle slices, sliced crosswise
- Plantain chips or potato chips, for serving
- Hot sauce, for topping
1. In a medium skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs and mustard until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Pour the eggs into the skillet and let them settle.
4. Using a spatula, peel the edges back and let the eggs redistribute in the skillet. Cook for 30 seconds.
5. Top the eggs with the ham and cheese. Cover the pan and cook until the eggs are set and the cheese melts, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
6. Arrange the pickles down the center. Using a spatula, fold in the sides of the omelet.
7. Slide the omelet onto a plate and top with the chips and hot sauce.