- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 slices smoked bacon
- 2 pounds ground sirloin
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- Salt and pepper
- 8 ounces shredded or sliced extra-sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley (a generous handful)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped chives (a generous handful)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped dill (a generous handful)
- 4 crusty kaiser rolls, split
- 1 bunch watercress or arugula, chopped
In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium-high heat until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Discard all but 1 tablespoon bacon fat.
In a medium bowl, combine the sirloin, Worcestershire sauce and horseradish; season with salt and pepper. Form into 4 patties. Heat the bacon fat in the skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef patties and cook, turning once, for 8 minutes for medium. Melt the cheese on top of the patties during the last 2 minutes of cooking.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the sour cream, parsley, chives, dill and lots of pepper.
Place the cheeseburgers on the roll bottoms and top each with 2 slices bacon and some watercress. Slather the bun tops with the sour cream sauce and set into place.