- 1 rotisserie chicken or cooled poached chicken
- 12 ounces egg tagliatelle or wide rice noodles
- 3 tablespoons stir-fry oil or canola oil
- 1 small sweet red pepper-seeded, quartered and thinly
- 1 onion, quartered and thinly sliced, or 2 bunches scallions, sliced on an angle
- 2 fresno, jalapeno or thai chile peppers-halved, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 inches ginger root, peeled and grated or finely chopped
- 4 - 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce or oyster sauce
- About 3 tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce or liquid amino
- 1/4- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, torn or shredded
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, chopped
Discard the chicken skin, then remove the meat from the bones and shred.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Salt it, add the noodles and follow cooking directions according to the package. Do not cook the noodles until you are already cooking your stir-fry.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat, add the pepper, onion (or scallions), chiles, ginger and garlic and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the fish sauce (or oyster sauce), soy sauce (or liquid amino), stock and chicken; stir. Heat the chicken through, then add the tomatoes. Drain the noodles and add along with the lettuce, basil and mint; squirt in some sriracha and toss to combine. Adjust seasonings to taste.