Recipe by Selma Brown Morrow
Price per serving: $2.72
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 oz. pad Thai noodles
- 1 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 2 tsp. fresh lime juice (from 1/2 lime)
- 2 cups sugar snap peas, trimmed and halved on an angle
- 2 tbsp. red curry paste
- 2 tbsp. Thai sweet chile sauce
- 3/4 lb. large shrimp (about 20 shrimp)—peeled, deveined and patted dry
- 3 tbsp. chopped fresh basil
1. In a medium bowl, microwave 3 cups salted water on high until steaming, about 3 minutes. Add the noodles. Cover with a plate and microwave on high until the noodles are tender, about 4 minutes. Drain the noodles.
2. In a large bowl, microwave the coconut milk, heavy cream and ginger on high until hot, about 4 minutes. Stir the noodles and lime juice into the coconut mixture. Let sit, tossing occasionally, until the noodles absorb some of the sauce, about 10 minutes. Season the noodles to taste with salt.
3. Meanwhile, in another medium bowl, microwave the snap peas on high until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
4. In a pie dish, whisk the curry paste and chile sauce; stir in the shrimp. Arrange the shrimp in a single layer, cover with a plate and microwave on high, turning halfway through, until the shrimp are cooked through, about 4 minutes.
5. Microwave the noodles on high, tossing once, until warm, about 1 minute. Divide among 4 shallow bowls and top with the snap peas, shrimp and basil.