- Prep Time
- 1/2 cup store-bought barbecue sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 pound turkey cutlets (about 1/4 inch thick)
- 1 bunch scallions
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
- 4 soft rolls
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
Preheat a grill to medium-high. In a bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, chipotle chile and cinnamon; reserve half of the sauce in a cup. Add the turkey to the bowl and toss to coat. Brush the scallions with the oil; season with salt and pepper.
Arrange the turkey on the grill, cover and cook, turning once, until just cooked through, about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, grill the scallions until tender, about 3 minutes. Grill the rolls cut side down until toasted, about 1 minute.
Chop the turkey and scallions. Divide the lettuce among the roll bottoms and top with the turkey and scallions. Top with the reserved sauce and a roll top.