Recipe by Alexa Weibel
- 3/4 lb. fresh chorizo, casings removed
- 1/2 small red onion, minced
- 1 poblano chile, minced
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 lb. sliced white American cheese
- 1 can (10 oz.) diced tomatoes with chiles (such as Ro-Tel), undrained
- 12 oz. medium pasta shells, cooked
- Crumbled tortilla chips
- 3 tbsp. chopped cilantro
In pot, cook chorizo over medium, breaking up with a spoon, until browned and crumbled, 5 minutes. Add onion and poblano; stir until softened, 5 minutes. Add milk and cheese; stir until cheese melts, 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and shells; top with chips and cilantro.
Stuff It: Serve the mac 'n' cheese in halved, prebaked bell peppers to add color and even more flavor.