- 4 cups vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon sweet smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- Juice of 2 limes and 2 teaspoons grated peel, plus wedges for serving
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups flour
- 2 pounds chicken tenders
- Salt and pepper
- 4 ears corn
- Hot pepper sauce, for passing at the table
In a large, heavy skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. In a bowl, combine the chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, poultry seasoning and lime peel. In a shallow bowl, combine the buttermilk and half of the spice mixture. In another shallow bowl, combine the flour and the remaining spice mixture. Season the chicken tenders with salt and pepper.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add the corn and cook until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Drain, then dress with the lime juice.
While the corn is working, using tongs, dip the chicken fingers in the buttermilk, then coat with the flour; repeat for a second coating. Working in batches, add the chicken fingers to the skillet and cook until golden, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain on a rack.
Pass the hot sauce at the table for drizzling on the corn. Serve with the chicken fingers and extra lime wedges.