- 4 lbs. chicken wings
- 2 tbsp. canola oil
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1 cup thick teriyaki sauce
- 1 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- Sesame seeds
1. Position a rack in the top third of the oven; preheat to 450°. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil. Set a wire rack inside the baking sheet and coat with cooking spray.
2. Cut off and discard the wingtips from 4 lbs. chicken wings; separate the flats (the parts that don't look like drumsticks) from the drumettes and pat dry. In a large bowl, toss the wings with 2 tbsp. canola oil, 1 tbsp. salt and 1 tsp. pepper; arrange on the rack in a single layer. Bake until the skin is crispy, about 45 minutes.
3. In a large bowl, combine the glaze ingredients. Transfer 1/4 cup glaze to a small bowl and toss the wings in the remaining glaze to coat. Arrange the wings on the rack in a single layer. Bake until the glaze is shiny and browned in spots and the chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes; season.
4. Transfer the wings to a platter; dab with the reserved 1/4 cup glaze. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.