- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 pounds chicken wings, joints separated, tips discarded
- 2 quarts vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- Celery sticks and blue cheese dressing, for serving
1. Make tempura batter by stirring rice flour with cup water until smooth.
2. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees and line a rimmed baking sheet with paper towels. Season the wings with the salt, then dip wings in batter. Add half of the wings to the oil, partially cover the pan and fry, turning occasionally with tongs, until golden-brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet; blot with the paper towels, then discard the towels. Keep the first batch of wings warm in the oven while you repeat the process with the remaining wings.
3. In a bowl, combine the butter and hot sauce. Add the wings; toss to coat. Serve with celery sticks and blue cheese dressing for dipping.