- Prep Time
- 2 tablespoons drained jarred green peppercorns in brine
- 1 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Salt and pepper
- 3 1-inch-thick T-bone steaks (about 16 ounces each)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Using a food processor, crush the green peppercorns. In a medium bowl, whisk together the butter and steak sauce. Stir in the peppercorns, chives and lemon peel; season with salt and pepper. Transfer the butter mixture to a piece of parchment paper and shape into a log. Refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours.
Preheat the grill to medium. Brush the steaks with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Add to the grill, cover and cook for 6 minutes on each side for medium-rare. Top with the prepared butter.