Recipe by Selma Brown Morrow
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 lb. sweet potatoes, skins pierced in spots
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 8 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 4 oz. coarsely crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh ricotta
- 2 tbsp. golden raisins
- 2 tbsp. panko
- 2 tsp. (packed) lemon zest (from 1 large lemon)
- 3/4 cup chopped watercress
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup refrigerated pesto
- 2 tbsp. EVOO, for brushing
1. Microwave the sweet potatoes on high, turning halfway through, until tender, about 10 minutes. Halve lengthwise and carefully scoop the flesh out of the skins (about 1 cup), dropping it by the tablespoonful onto a plate to cool.
2. In a small bowl, microwave the onion on high until tender, about 1 minute. Fill a large bowl with hot tap water; season with salt. Add the noodles and microwave on high until al dente, about 5 minutes. Drain and arrange on wax paper in a single layer.
3. In a medium bowl, mix the goat cheese, ricotta, raisins, panko, lemon zest and onion; season with salt and pepper. Gently stir in the sweet potato and watercress.
4. Coat a large plate with cooking spray. Place generous 1/4 cupfuls of the filling on one short side of each noodle; roll up tightly. Place the cannelloni, seam side down, on the prepared plate. Cover with wax paper, tucking the ends under the cannelloni. Microwave on high until heated through, about 4 minutes. In a small bowl, mix the cream and pesto.
5. Brush the cannelloni with the EVOO and divide among plates. Drizzle with the pesto cream.