Recipe by Tara Holland
Start to Finish: 45 minutes
- 2 cans (40 oz. each) yams in syrup, drained
- 8 tbsp. butter—6 tbsp. melted, 2 tbsp. cut into small pieces
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 3/4 tsp. ground allspice
- 3 cups pecan, almond, or walnut granola
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1. Preheat the oven to 375°. Using an electric mixer, in a large bowl, beat the yams, melted butter, eggs, maple syrup, allspice, and 1/4 tsp. salt until smooth. Transfer to a greased 9-inch square baking dish. Top with the granola.
2. Cover the dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the foil. Scatter the chopped butter and bacon on top of the yams. Bake, uncovered, until the top is browned in spots, about 10 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
See all our Thanksgiving recipes for planners and procrastinators here.