- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 large sweet potatoes (about 2 pounds), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 bell peppers (any color), chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
- Green salsa, for serving
In a medium pot of boiling, salted water, cook the sweet potatoes until almost tender, about 4 minutes. Drain and set aside.
In a large nonstick skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat until browned and crumbly, about 10 minutes; transfer with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain.
Heat the oil in the skillet over medium-high heat. Add the bell peppers, onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the sausage, cumin and sweet potatoes and cook for 5 minutes more. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve with green salsa.