Recipe by Grant Melton
- Cooking spray
- 5 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 bag (10.5 oz.) plus 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 can (5 oz.) chow mein noodles
- 1/4 cup mixed black and white sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 tbsp. sesame seeds
Mix It Up: Line a 9-by-13-inch pan with foil and spray with cooking spray. In a large pot, melt the butter, sesame oil and soy sauce over high heat. Add the bag of marshmallows and 1/2 tsp. salt and, using a silicone spatula, stir until smooth. Remove from heat. Add the cereal and mix until evenly coated. Mix in the remaining 2 cups marshmallows, stirring just until incorporated but not melted. Mix in chow mein noodles and black and white sesame seeds.
Top It Off: Transfer the cereal to the prepared pan. Spray a clean spatula with cooking spray; pat the cereal into an even layer. Top the warm treats with crystallized ginger and sesame seeds. Let cool for 2 hours. Drizzle with honey just before cutting and serving. Cut into squares.