- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 small head napa cabbage, chopped
- Juice of 6 limes (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 cups sour cream
- 16 6 inches flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pound trimmed skirt steak, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch strips
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound red snapper fillets, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 cup store-bought guacamole, plus more for serving
- 1 16 ounce jar salsa, for serving
In a large bowl, toss the cabbage with half of the lime juice. In a small bowl, whisk together the sour cream and remaining lime juice. Cover and refrigerate.
Preheat the oven to 250 degrees . Spread the tortillas on a baking sheet, cover with foil and warm in the oven for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the garlic powder, paprika, cumin, chili powder and 2 teaspoons salt. Add the steak, tossing to coat.
In a large skillet, heat 1/4 cup oil over medium-high heat until rippling. Add the steak, lower the heat to medium and cook, turning occasionally, until browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a large plate. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons oil to the skillet. Season the fish lightly with salt and pepper. Cook, in the skillet, turning once, until golden, about 5 minutes.
Lay the tortillas on a work surface. Spread 1 tablespoon guacamole on each, then top with some of the cabbage. Divide the meat among 8 tortillas and the fish among 8 tortillas. Fold to form tacos. Serve with more guacamole and cabbage, the lime-sour cream and the salsa.