Recipe by Bruce Aidells
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 large 8-bone racks of lamb (about 3 lbs. total), trimmed and frenched
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp. finely chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh mint
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan
1. Let the lamb sit at room temperature 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 450°. In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, herbs, cheese and 1 tsp. pepper. Generously season the lamb all over with salt and pepper.
2. Heat a large ovenproof skillet over high. Add the lamb, fat side down, and cook until browned, 1 to 2 minutes. Using tongs, hold the lamb and stand the racks up in the pan and cook until the bottom is browned, 1 to 2 minutes. Spread the mayonnaise mixture all over the fat side and ends of the lamb. Transfer to a roasting pan, fat side up. Cover the frenched bones with foil to prevent burning.
3. Roast until browned in spots and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat (not touching bone) registers 130° to 135° for medium-rare, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board; let rest about 5 minutes. Cut between the bones into chops.