- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 small zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup EVOO, plus more for brushing
- 1 can (15 to 15.5 oz.) pinto beans, rinsed
- 2 small red bell peppers, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 ear white corn, husked, kernels cut from cob
- 1 1/2 red onions, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa, preferably red
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 small clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 1/4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 4 large or 8 small radicchio leaves
- 4 ripe medium avocados -- halved, pitted and peeled, sliced if desired
Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium-high. Brush the zucchini with oil, season with salt and pepper, and grill until crisp-tender and charred in spots, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Cut into 1/4-inch cubes and transfer to a large bowl. Toss with the beans, peppers, corn, onion, quinoa and cilantro.
In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, lime juice, garlic and cumin. Gradually whisk in 1/4 cup oil; season. Pour over the vegetables and toss to coat; season the salad.
Divide the radicchio leaves and avocados among 4 plates and top with the salad.